From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bumangi Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) is located 25 miles (40 km) east of Musoma, Tanzania, in the Zanaki tribe. The work in this tribe was begun 18 May 1937 by J. Clyde and Alta Barge Shenk and the Clinton and Maybell Landis Ferster. The beginning of the church was on 30 July 1940 when three men were baptized and received into church fellowship. J. Clyde Shenk had pastoral oversight of the Bumangi church for many years. The 1953 membership stood at 75 members.

[edit] Maps

Map:Bumangi (Tanzania)


Author(s) Elam W Stauffer
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Elam W. "Bumangi Mennonite Church (Mara Region, Tanzania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bumangi_Mennonite_Church_(Mara_Region,_Tanzania)&oldid=86350.

APA style

Stauffer, Elam W. (1953). Bumangi Mennonite Church (Mara Region, Tanzania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bumangi_Mennonite_Church_(Mara_Region,_Tanzania)&oldid=86350.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 468-469. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.