From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bunker Hill Amish Mennonite Church at Holmesville, Ohio began when a group lead by minister, Abner Schlabach, withdrew from the Pleasant View Conservative Mennonite Church. An informal group rented space for a number of years, before finally buying a building in 1939 or 1940. The reasons why the group formed, and why it joined the Beachy Amish Mennonites are not clear. The group experienced particular difficulty when Jeremiah Schlabach, who had been ordained in 1949, left the congregation in 1953 and returned to the Old Order Amish. In 1953 there were 28 members.

In 1963 the congregation relocated to Benton, Ohio and adopted a new name, Fryburg Beachy Fellowship.

See Fryburg Beachy Fellowship

[edit] Bibliography

Yoder, Elmer S. The Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship Churches. Hartville, Ohio: Diakonia Ministries, 1987: 162, 337.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published December 2009


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Bunker Hill Amish Mennonite Church (Holmesville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2009. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bunker_Hill_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Holmesville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113253.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (December 2009). Bunker Hill Amish Mennonite Church (Holmesville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bunker_Hill_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Holmesville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113253.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.