From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:39, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Calvary Church (formerly Calvary Mennonite Church until 1967) in Souderton, Pennsylvania is an unaffiliated congregation. It was organized in 1950 by dissidents who had withdrawn from several congregations of the Franconia Mennonite Conference because of dissatisfaction with some of the aspects of the conference discipline. William Anders, a minister of the Towamencin congregation, became their leader. In 1952 a new meetinghouse was built. At that time the membership was 160.

Additional Information

Address: 820 Route 113, Souderton, Pennsylvania

Phone: 215-723-0963

Website: Calvary Church


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Church_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86472.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1953). Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Church_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86472.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 495. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.