From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Calvary Conservative Mennonite congregation near Elmira, Ontario began services in 1969, and occupied its first building the same year. The congregation originated through outreach by the Heidelberg Conservative Mennonite Church. Minister Abner D. Gingrich served in 2000 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1975 there were 48 members; in 1985, 53; in 2000, 60; in 2009, 98. It has been affiliated with the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario since 1969. The language of worship is English.

The church is located 8 km north of Elmira on the west side of Regional Road 21.

[edit] Bibliography

Cressman, Kenneth. "The Development of the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario." Unpublished paper, 1976, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Cressman, Kenneth. "A Descriptive Analysis of the Conservative Mennonite Schisms in Ontario, 1956-1979." Unpublished paper, 1979, 92 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

[edit] Maps

Map:Calvary Conservative Mennonite Church (Elmira, Ontario)


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Calvary Conservative Mennonite Church (Elmira, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Elmira,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114889.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Calvary Conservative Mennonite Church (Elmira, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Elmira,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114889.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.