Revision as of 19:39, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Canan Station, a suburb of Altoona, Pennsylvania, pop. (1952) 430, where workers at the Altoona Mennonite Mission conducted Sunday-school services on Saturday afternoon in a public school for 23 years, until 1951, when the time was changed to Sunday afternoon. Twelve members of the Mennonite Church lived in the area. The plans in the mid-1950s were to build a chapel as soon as funds were available.

In 2007 the church was located at 455 Burns Ave., Altoona, Pennsylvania.

Additional Information

Address: 455 Burns Ave., Altoona, Pennsylvania

Phone: 814-695-0341

Denominational Affiliations:

Allegheny Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Author(s) F B
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

B, F. "Canan Station Mennonite Church (Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86510.

APA style

B, F. (1953). Canan Station Mennonite Church (Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86510.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 509. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.