From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Cavalier County, North Dakota U.S. Census TIGER/Line Map
Cavalier County, North Dakota, was home to approximately 540 Mennonites in 1950. It is located in the northeastern part of the state. The Mennonites, though scattered at that time, were located chiefly in the southwestern part of the county. Approximately 75 per cent were members of the General Conference Mennonite Church, 15 per cent were Mennonite Brethren, and 10 per cent were Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. The first Mennonite settlers perhaps arrived in the county in the early 1880s. In 1950 there were in the county five Mennonite churches and the Bethany Bible Academy, which was located in  Munich.


Author(s) Hellmuth Ortmann
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Ortmann, Hellmuth. "Cavalier County (North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cavalier_County_(North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=91361.

APA style

Ortmann, Hellmuth. (1953). Cavalier County (North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cavalier_County_(North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=91361.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 537. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.