The Cedal Hill Community Church began as the Cedar Hill Mission Sunday School (Mennonite Church), which opened in 1936 in a schoolhouse in West Donegal Township two miles (three km) north of the Good Church in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, under the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Attendance in the mid-1950s was 40 with the summer Bible school attendance averaging 108.
This group became its own congregation in 1970 and moved to a new building in 1976. In 2009 the membership was 35.
In about 2005 the congregation became part of a group known as the New Testament Fellowship of Mennonite/Anabaptist Churches. By 2014 the group appeared to function primarily as a community church, using the fellowship hall of a building it formerly owned.
Cedar Hill Community Church. Facebook entry. 14 November 2012. Web. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Hill-Community-Church/100872813290406.
Rhodes, Robert. "New group, new name for ex-Lancaster bishop." Mennonite Weekly Review (9 October 2006). Web. 18 March 2014. http://www.mennoworld.org/2006/10/9/new-group-new-name-ex-lancaster-bishop/?print=1.
 Additional Information
Address: 5636 Bossler Road, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
|Date Published||March 2014|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. "Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2014. Web. 29 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_Hill_Community_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116193.
Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. (March 2014). Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_Hill_Community_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116193.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.