From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Channing Bible Chapel ([[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference]]) in Channing, Dickinson County, Upper [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], (now extinct) was dedicated in October 1944 as a result of home mission work. On 3 May 1943 Leander D. Fast of [[Mountain Lake (Minnesota, USA)|Mountain Lake]], [[Minnesota (USA)|Minnesota]], located in this railroad town of about 600 people and began services in a small rented store building in September 1943. In January 1944 an old building was bought and remodeled. Leander Fast served until 30 May 1948 and was followed by Arnold Wall of [[Dallas (Oregon, USA)|Dallas]], [[Oregon (USA)|Oregon]]. The area served in this work included a field of about 20 x 50 miles in which there was no other Gospel witness.
 
Channing Bible Chapel ([[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference]]) in Channing, Dickinson County, Upper [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], (now extinct) was dedicated in October 1944 as a result of home mission work. On 3 May 1943 Leander D. Fast of [[Mountain Lake (Minnesota, USA)|Mountain Lake]], [[Minnesota (USA)|Minnesota]], located in this railroad town of about 600 people and began services in a small rented store building in September 1943. In January 1944 an old building was bought and remodeled. Leander Fast served until 30 May 1948 and was followed by Arnold Wall of [[Dallas (Oregon, USA)|Dallas]], [[Oregon (USA)|Oregon]]. The area served in this work included a field of about 20 x 50 miles in which there was no other Gospel witness.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 548|date=1953|a1_last=Fast|a1_first=Leander D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 548|date=1953|a1_last=Fast|a1_first=Leander D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013

Channing Bible Chapel (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference) in Channing, Dickinson County, Upper Michigan, (now extinct) was dedicated in October 1944 as a result of home mission work. On 3 May 1943 Leander D. Fast of Mountain Lake, Minnesota, located in this railroad town of about 600 people and began services in a small rented store building in September 1943. In January 1944 an old building was bought and remodeled. Leander Fast served until 30 May 1948 and was followed by Arnold Wall of Dallas, Oregon. The area served in this work included a field of about 20 x 50 miles in which there was no other Gospel witness.


Author(s) Leander D Fast
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fast, Leander D. "Channing Bible Chapel (Channing, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 31 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Channing_Bible_Chapel_(Channing,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=86639.

APA style

Fast, Leander D. (1953). Channing Bible Chapel (Channing, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Channing_Bible_Chapel_(Channing,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=86639.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 548. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.