Jump to: navigation, search
Chariton County, Missouri U.S. Census TIGER/Line map
Chariton County, Missouri was the location of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) settlement north of Brunswick, now extinct, to which Mennonites first moved in 1869. When J. S. Coffman held meetings there in 1890 he reported a membership of five, which included the families of J. L. Kreider and Fred Brunk. Earlier Beachtels and Overholts had lived in the community.

[edit] Bibliography

Herald of Truth (March 1870)

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Chariton County (Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 1 Dec 2015.,_USA)&oldid=91378.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Chariton County (Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 December 2015, from,_USA)&oldid=91378.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 548-549. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.