From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Cheyenne Mennonite Mission Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), more commonly known as the Deer Creek Mennonite Church (Indian), located six miles (ten km) south of Thomas, Custer County, Oklahoma, was organized in 1928 with 11 members, under the leadership of J. B. Ediger. In 1924, to avoid confusion, the various denominations working in the area turned this field over to the General Conference Mennonite Church, since they were already working near by. Services were held once each month in private homes. In February 1930 the new church was dedicated and services were regularly held every Sunday in the 1950s. The membership in 1949 was 38. Missionaries who served the congregation until the early 1950s were the J. B. Edigers, H. J. Kliewers, Arthur Friesens, and Herbert M. Dalkes.


Author(s) Herbert H Dalke
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Dalke, Herbert H. "Cheyenne Mennonite Mission Church (Custer Country, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cheyenne_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Custer_Country,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=86671.

APA style

Dalke, Herbert H. (1953). Cheyenne Mennonite Mission Church (Custer Country, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cheyenne_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Custer_Country,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=86671.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 554. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.