From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Christian Fellowship congregation began services in 1943, and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1944, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Jacob J.M. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. Pastor Alvin Buhler served in 2010 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 105 members; in 1975, 123; in 1985, 140. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (known as Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches, 1987-) The language of worship is English.

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (18 December 1959): 5; (26 November 1963): 4.

Christian Fellowship Church, Rhineland, Saskatchewan 1943-1983, 76 pp., MHSC collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: R.R.1, Wymark, SK, S0N 2Y0. Located 13 km. south of Swift Current on Hwy. 4, and 8 km east.

Phone: 306-773-6845

Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Christian Fellowship Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 20 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104972.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Christian Fellowship Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104972.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.