From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Churchtown [[Old Order Mennonites|Old Order Mennonite]] meetinghouse is located at the east end of Churchtown, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. The building was constructed in 1910. The congregation belongs to the [[Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Conference|Groffdale Conference]], under Bishops [[Wenger, Joseph O. (1868-1956)|Joseph O. Wenger]] and A. Z. Sensenig. Preachers serving the congregation in the 1950s were Samuel S. Horning and Isaac W. Zimmerman. The Old Order group under Bishop Joseph O. Weaver, belonging to the [[Weaverland Mennonite Conference|Weaverland Conference]], also worshiped here.
 
The Churchtown [[Old Order Mennonites|Old Order Mennonite]] meetinghouse is located at the east end of Churchtown, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. The building was constructed in 1910. The congregation belongs to the [[Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Conference|Groffdale Conference]], under Bishops [[Wenger, Joseph O. (1868-1956)|Joseph O. Wenger]] and A. Z. Sensenig. Preachers serving the congregation in the 1950s were Samuel S. Horning and Isaac W. Zimmerman. The Old Order group under Bishop Joseph O. Weaver, belonging to the [[Weaverland Mennonite Conference|Weaverland Conference]], also worshiped here.
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)|Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)]]
 
[[Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)|Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 603; vol. 4, p. 1143|date=1953|a1_last=Shirk|a1_first=Eli M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 603; vol. 4, p. 1143|date=1953|a1_last=Shirk|a1_first=Eli M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013

The Churchtown Old Order Mennonite meetinghouse is located at the east end of Churchtown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The building was constructed in 1910. The congregation belongs to the Groffdale Conference, under Bishops Joseph O. Wenger and A. Z. Sensenig. Preachers serving the congregation in the 1950s were Samuel S. Horning and Isaac W. Zimmerman. The Old Order group under Bishop Joseph O. Weaver, belonging to the Weaverland Conference, also worshiped here.

[edit] Maps

Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Eli M Shirk
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shirk, Eli M. "Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Churchtown_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86809.

APA style

Shirk, Eli M. (1953). Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Churchtown_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86809.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 603; vol. 4, p. 1143. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.