From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

City Terrace Bible Church (formerly Mission Chapel) (U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches), 1441 North Herbert Ave. (formerly 3806 Whiteside St.), Los Angeles, California, was begun in 1926 by the A. W. Friesens, who were still in charge of the work in 1949. The original mission was located in East Los Angeles, a district populated largely by Jews and Catholics. As a result of this mission work a number were baptized. The membership numbered 47 in 1949. In 1940 the Pacific District Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Church officially accepted the mission and in 1942 buildings were erected and dedicated. In 2009 the pastors were Hermes Larios (Spanish) and John Arce (English).

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 1441 North Herbert Avenue, Los Angeles, California

Phone: 323-262-7804

Denominational Affiliations:

Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Church

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

[edit] Maps

Map:City Terrace Bible Church (Los Angeles, California)


Author(s) P. F Wall
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wall, P. F. "City Terrace Bible Church (Los Angeles, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=City_Terrace_Bible_Church_(Los_Angeles,_California,_USA)&oldid=86814.

APA style

Wall, P. F. (1953). City Terrace Bible Church (Los Angeles, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=City_Terrace_Bible_Church_(Los_Angeles,_California,_USA)&oldid=86814.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 604. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.