From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:58, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mulberry (Florida) was a Mennonite-administered unit under the Brethren-directed Civilian Public Service Camp No. 27, located approximately 30 miles (50 km) east of Tampa, Florida. The unit engaged in a hookworm eradication program. The unit was opened in September 1943 but in April 1946 it was moved to Bartow, Florida. The Mulberry camp was one of a number selected by the Mennonite Central Committee for relief training program, which lasted from November 1943 to May 1946.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 252-256.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Mulberry, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Mulberry,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=91456.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1957). Civilian Public Service Camp (Mulberry, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Mulberry,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=91456.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 767. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.