From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
New Raymer, [[Colorado (USA)|Colorado]], was the address of a permanent side camp under the administration of the [[Civilian Public Service Camp (Fort Collins, Colorado, USA)|Fort Collins]] [[Civilian Public Service|Civilian Public Service]] Camp No. 33 during World War II. It was known as Buckingham Side Camp, and was located on an abandoned farm site in an arid region about 70 miles (115 km) east of Fort Collins. The campers, under Mennonite direction, built fences, reseeded grasslands, drilled wells, and built stock water tanks.
 
New Raymer, [[Colorado (USA)|Colorado]], was the address of a permanent side camp under the administration of the [[Civilian Public Service Camp (Fort Collins, Colorado, USA)|Fort Collins]] [[Civilian Public Service|Civilian Public Service]] Camp No. 33 during World War II. It was known as Buckingham Side Camp, and was located on an abandoned farm site in an arid region about 70 miles (115 km) east of Fort Collins. The campers, under Mennonite direction, built fences, reseeded grasslands, drilled wells, and built stock water tanks.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. </em>Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 122, 158, <em>passim</em>.
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. </em>Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 122, 158, <em>passim</em>.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 863|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 863|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013

New Raymer, Colorado, was the address of a permanent side camp under the administration of the Fort Collins Civilian Public Service Camp No. 33 during World War II. It was known as Buckingham Side Camp, and was located on an abandoned farm site in an arid region about 70 miles (115 km) east of Fort Collins. The campers, under Mennonite direction, built fences, reseeded grasslands, drilled wells, and built stock water tanks.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 122, 158, passim.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (New Raymer, Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(New_Raymer,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86830.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (New Raymer, Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(New_Raymer,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86830.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 863. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.