From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Three Rivers Civilian Public Service Camp No. 107, about 7 miles north of Three Rivers, and about 80 miles southeast of Fresno, California, was opened in May 1943 and closed in June 1946. It was operated by the Mennonite Central Committee under the National Park Service. The chief work of the men was fire presuppression and fire fighting. The camp had a capacity of 150 men. On Sequoia Trails, an illustrated book produced by the men, presents the activities of the camp.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 160-61.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Three Rivers, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Three_Rivers,_California,_USA)&oldid=86819.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (Three Rivers, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Three_Rivers,_California,_USA)&oldid=86819.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 716. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.