From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
(Update MC USA Archives link)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:CPS-20-Trees.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS men planting trees. Scan courtesy  
+
[[File:CPS-20-Trees.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS men planting trees.<br />
 
+
Scan courtesy [http://www.mennoniteusa.org/executive-board/archives/ Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2'']]     
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA  
+
Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], operated by the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]], was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.
 
+
Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2'']]    Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], operated by the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]], was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.
+
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for Peace. </em>Akron, 1949: 121.
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for Peace. </em>Akron, 1949: 121.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 523|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 523|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 14:36, 7 December 2013

CPS men planting trees.
Scan courtesy Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2

Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, operated by the Mennonite Central Committee, was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, 1949: 121.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104859.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104859.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 523. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.