From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[File:CPS-20-Trees.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS men planting trees. Scan courtesy  
 
[[File:CPS-20-Trees.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS men planting trees. Scan courtesy  
  
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] Mennonite Church USA  
+
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA  
  
Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2  
+
Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2'']]    Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], operated by the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]], was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.
 
+
'']]    Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], operated by the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]], was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.
+
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for Peace. </em>Akron, 1949: 121.
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for Peace. </em>Akron, 1949: 121.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 523|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 523|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 14:49, 23 August 2013

CPS men planting trees. Scan courtesy [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2
Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, operated by the Mennonite Central Committee, was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, 1949: 121.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 11 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96413.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96413.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 523. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.