Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:36, 7 December 2013 by SamSteiner (talk | contribs) (Update MC USA Archives link)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
CPS men planting trees.
Scan courtesy Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2

Sideling Hill Civilian Public Service Camp No. 20, Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, operated by the Mennonite Central Committee, was opened in October 1941 and closed in October 1944. The work project was divided between landscaping and erosion control on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and soil conservation. The camp had a capacity of 120 men.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, 1949: 121.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104859.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (Wells Tannery, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Wells_Tannery,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104859.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 523. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.