From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:CPS-69-Opening-Door-for-Patient.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS man opening door for  
+
[[File:CPS-69-Opening-Door-for-Patient.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''CPS man opening door for
  
 
patient. Scan courtesy  
 
patient. Scan courtesy  
  
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA <br/> Archives-Goshen] Mennonite Church USA  
+
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA  
  
Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2  
+
Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2'']]    The Cleveland ([[Ohio (State)|Ohio]]) State Hospital. [[Civilian Public Service|Civilian Public Service]] Unit No. 69 was opened here under the administration of the Friends in December 1942, but was discontinued a year later. The Mennonites reopened the unit in April 1945, and remained in charge until it was terminated in October 1946. During the time that the unit had its full quota of men, they were given complete charge of the male infirmary, housing approximately 365 infirm and untidy mental patients. During the period when the Mennonites had charge of the unit, a total of 45 men were assigned to it. Women's summer service units under the direction of the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]] served at the hospital in 1945 and 1946.
 
+
'']]    The Cleveland ([[Ohio (State)|Ohio]]) State Hospital. [[Civilian Public Service|Civilian Public Service]] Unit No. 69 was opened here under the administration of the Friends in December 1942, but was discontinued a year later. The Mennonites reopened the unit in April 1945, and remained in charge until it was terminated in October 1946. During the time that the unit had its full quota of men, they were given complete charge of the male infirmary, housing approximately 365 infirm and untidy mental patients. During the period when the Mennonites had charge of the unit, a total of 45 men were assigned to it. Women's summer service units under the direction of the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]] served at the hospital in 1945 and 1946.
+
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. </em>Akron, Pa.: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949.
 
Gingerich, Melvin. <em>Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. </em>Akron, Pa.: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 627|date=1953|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 627|date=1953|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 14:27, 23 August 2013

CPS man opening door for patient. Scan courtesy [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2
The Cleveland (Ohio) State Hospital. Civilian Public Service Unit No. 69 was opened here under the administration of the Friends in December 1942, but was discontinued a year later. The Mennonites reopened the unit in April 1945, and remained in charge until it was terminated in October 1946. During the time that the unit had its full quota of men, they were given complete charge of the male infirmary, housing approximately 365 infirm and untidy mental patients. During the period when the Mennonites had charge of the unit, a total of 45 men were assigned to it. Women's summer service units under the direction of the Mennonite Central Committee served at the hospital in 1945 and 1946.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, Pa.: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Cleveland, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Cleveland,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=94160.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Civilian Public Service Unit (Cleveland, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Cleveland,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=94160.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 627. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.