Revision as of 14:37, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search
Harrisburg State Hospital. Source: Mennonite Church USA Archives 2013-0100m
Harrisburg (Pennsylvania) Civilian Public Service Unit No. 93 at the Harrisburg State Hospital was opened in April 1943 and was closed in August 1946. During its existence, 69 men were assigned to the mental hospital unit. In 1944-45 a Christian Workers' School was conducted in the unit. The Anniversary Review - Mental Hygiene Number (May 1945) gave a history of the unit.


Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, Pennsylvania, 1949.

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95119.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Unit (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95119.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 666. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.