From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
The New Jersey State Hospital Civilian Public Service (CPS) Unit No. 63, located at Marlboro, New Jersey, had a maximum of 103 men. It was approved by Selective Service in November 1942 and closed in December 1946. It was the first CPS unit to be placed in a New Jersey state institution. Most of the men served as attendants to the mental patients in the institution. Mennonite Central Committee conducted a psychiatry and Christian service school at this hospital in February 1945. The unit published an 82-page history and report of its work under the title p. r. n.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 221 f.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=86837.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=86837.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 491, 862. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.