Civilian Public Service Unit (Orono, Maine)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Orono (Maine) Civilian Public Service Unit No. 125, attached to the University of Maine, had a unit strength of ten men engaged in dairy service. Some of the men worked in the university dairy barns, while others worked on experimental farms. The unit was opened in December 1943 and was closed in May 1946.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Orono, Maine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Orono,_Maine)&oldid=86821.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Orono, Maine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Orono,_Maine)&oldid=86821.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 86. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.