From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Civilian Public Service Unit No. 151 in Roseburg, Oregon was authorized by Selective Service in December 1945, the last camp approved by this agency. Under Mennonite Central Committee administration, a unit of twenty-four men arrived in Roseburg in January 1946. The men worked in the Roseburg United States Veterans' Hospital, serving the mental patients in this institution, until the close of the unit in December 1946.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, Pennsylvania, 1949: 274.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Roseburg, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Roseburg,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84693.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Roseburg, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Roseburg,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84693.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 358. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.