From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Clarence Center Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church [GCM]), now extinct, was formed in 1875 as a schism from the Clarence Center Mennonite Church congregation when the minister Jacob Krehbiel, Jr. withdrew with about a dozen families. The group affiliated with the GCM body ca. 1880, and the Middle District Conference in 1889. The highest membership was 45 in 1896 but by 1917, when Krehbiel retired, it was only 18. The church was then disbanded.

See also Clarence Center-Akron Mennonite Church (Akron, New York, USA)


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Clarence Center Mennonite Church (Clarence Center, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Sep 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clarence_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence_Center,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=94177.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Clarence Center Mennonite Church (Clarence Center, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 September 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clarence_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence_Center,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=94177.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1073. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.