From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Clearwater Mennonite Church, now extinct, was located near Youngstown, in east-central [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]]. The first settlers came to the area in 1910. The church was organized in 1912 by Bishop [[Stauffer, Norman B. (1870-1927)|Norman B. Stauffer]]. Ordained brethren who served the church were [[Miller, Isaac (1872-1948)|Isaac Miller]], [[Schmitt, Moses H. (1876-1947)|M. H. Schmitt]] and [[Reist, Abram (1893-1984)|Abe Reist]], the latter being ordained there in 1919. Year after year of drought with only an occasional good crop was the cause of the abandonment of this district. The last Mennonite family left in 1924, moving to [[Tofield (Alberta, Canada)|Tofield]], Alberta.
 
The Clearwater Mennonite Church, now extinct, was located near Youngstown, in east-central [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]]. The first settlers came to the area in 1910. The church was organized in 1912 by Bishop [[Stauffer, Norman B. (1870-1927)|Norman B. Stauffer]]. Ordained brethren who served the church were [[Miller, Isaac (1872-1948)|Isaac Miller]], [[Schmitt, Moses H. (1876-1947)|M. H. Schmitt]] and [[Reist, Abram (1893-1984)|Abe Reist]], the latter being ordained there in 1919. Year after year of drought with only an occasional good crop was the cause of the abandonment of this district. The last Mennonite family left in 1924, moving to [[Tofield (Alberta, Canada)|Tofield]], Alberta.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Stauffer, Ezra. <em>History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference</em>. 1960: 18.
 
Stauffer, Ezra. <em>History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference</em>. 1960: 18.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 620|date=1953|a1_last=Stauffer|a1_first=Ezra|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 620|date=1953|a1_last=Stauffer|a1_first=Ezra|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013

The Clearwater Mennonite Church, now extinct, was located near Youngstown, in east-central Alberta. The first settlers came to the area in 1910. The church was organized in 1912 by Bishop Norman B. Stauffer. Ordained brethren who served the church were Isaac MillerM. H. Schmitt and Abe Reist, the latter being ordained there in 1919. Year after year of drought with only an occasional good crop was the cause of the abandonment of this district. The last Mennonite family left in 1924, moving to Tofield, Alberta.

[edit] Bibliography

Stauffer, Ezra. History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. 1960: 18.


Author(s) Ezra Stauffer
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Ezra. "Clearwater Mennonite Church (Reist, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clearwater_Mennonite_Church_(Reist,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=86847.

APA style

Stauffer, Ezra. (1953). Clearwater Mennonite Church (Reist, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clearwater_Mennonite_Church_(Reist,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=86847.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 620. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.