From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][unchecked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Coatesville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in a steel center in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Chester County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was opened in 1929 by the [[Maple Grove Mennonite Church of Atglen (Atglen, Pennsylvania, USA)|Maple Grove]]-[[Millwood Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)|Millwood]] congregation. John E. Kennel was the first superintendent. A store building, the third floor of the Fire Hall, and in 1930 the new building at 625 Walnut St. were used as meeting places, under the auspices of the [[Eastern Mennonite Missions (Lancaster Mennonite Conference)|Eastern Board of Missions and Charities]] of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]].  In 1940 Frank Stoltzfus became resident pastor, and in 1954 George B. Stoltzfus was pastor. A summer Bible school among the [[African American Missions (USA)|African Americans]] developed into the [[Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Newlinville mission station]]. The Coatesville membership in 1953 was 60, and the Sunday-school enrollment 80. In 2011 the membership was 28; the pastors were Leonard L. Groff and Mark C. Hickson.
 
The Coatesville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in a steel center in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Chester County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was opened in 1929 by the [[Maple Grove Mennonite Church of Atglen (Atglen, Pennsylvania, USA)|Maple Grove]]-[[Millwood Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)|Millwood]] congregation. John E. Kennel was the first superintendent. A store building, the third floor of the Fire Hall, and in 1930 the new building at 625 Walnut St. were used as meeting places, under the auspices of the [[Eastern Mennonite Missions (Lancaster Mennonite Conference)|Eastern Board of Missions and Charities]] of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]].  In 1940 Frank Stoltzfus became resident pastor, and in 1954 George B. Stoltzfus was pastor. A summer Bible school among the [[African American Missions (USA)|African Americans]] developed into the [[Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Newlinville mission station]]. The Coatesville membership in 1953 was 60, and the Sunday-school enrollment 80. In 2011 the membership was 28; the pastors were Leonard L. Groff and Mark C. Hickson.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 625 Walnut Street, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 625 Walnut Street, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)|Map:Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)]]
 
[[Map:Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)|Map:Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 631|date=2011|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 631|date=2011|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:08, 20 August 2013

The Coatesville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in a steel center in Chester County, Pennsylvania, was opened in 1929 by the Maple Grove-Millwood congregation. John E. Kennel was the first superintendent. A store building, the third floor of the Fire Hall, and in 1930 the new building at 625 Walnut St. were used as meeting places, under the auspices of the Eastern Board of Missions and Charities of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.  In 1940 Frank Stoltzfus became resident pastor, and in 1954 George B. Stoltzfus was pastor. A summer Bible school among the African Americans developed into the Newlinville mission station. The Coatesville membership in 1953 was 60, and the Sunday-school enrollment 80. In 2011 the membership was 28; the pastors were Leonard L. Groff and Mark C. Hickson.

Additional Information

Address: 625 Walnut Street, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Phone: 610-383-1921

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 2011


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2011. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coatesville_Mennonite_Church_(Coatesville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79771.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (2011). Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coatesville_Mennonite_Church_(Coatesville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79771.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 631. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.