From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Cockley's Union House, once the seat of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) congregation, now extinct, was built by Lancaster Conference Mennonites together with non-Mennonites in 1848 near Michael Cochlin's about six miles (10 km) south of Churchtown, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, the place near where Preacher Christian Herr settled. The Cumberland County ministers of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference took care of the services at this place. The peak membership was about 50.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Cockley's Union House (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cockley%27s_Union_House_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116532.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Cockley's Union House (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cockley%27s_Union_House_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116532.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 632. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.