The Community Bible Fellowship congregation at Swan River, Manitoba, began services and formally organized in 1976. The first building was occupied in 1978, with a subsequent building program in 1986. George Braun is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Conference and the colonization of northern Manitoba.
Pastor Ron Thiessen served in 2011 as a congregational leader. In 1985 there were 56 members; in 1995, 68. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is English.
The Messenger (24 June 1988): 10.
"Church Profile: Community Bible Fellowship." The Messenger (29 June 1984): 2-3.
"History of Community Bible Fellowship," Excerpt from Church dedication service, June 5, 1988. 2 pp. MHSC collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
 Additional Information
Address: Box 1630, Swan River, MB R0L 1Z0 (Meetingplace Highway 83 South)
|Date Published||February 1989|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Community Bible Fellowship (Swan River, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 1 Dec 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Community_Bible_Fellowship_(Swan_River,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104973.
Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Community Bible Fellowship (Swan River, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 December 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Community_Bible_Fellowship_(Swan_River,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104973.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.