From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Conestoga Mennonite Church was the meetinghouse and name used by the St. Jacobs, Ontario, Mennonite Church before it moved to St. Jacobs in 1915. The first Conestogo meetinghouse was one of logs erected in 1844, followed by a frame building ca. 1852, both located on the east bank of the Conestoga River, 2.5 miles (4 km) northwest of the village of St. Jacobs.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Conestoga Mennonite Church (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Conestoga_Mennonite_Church_(St._Jacobs,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79838.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1953). Conestoga Mennonite Church (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Conestoga_Mennonite_Church_(St._Jacobs,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79838.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 668. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.