The Cosquín Mennonite Church is located in the city of Cosquín, (1950 pop. 7,000; 2001 pop. 19,000), on the Córdoba-Cruz del Eje branch of the Northern Argentine Railroad, seat of the county of Cosquín, in the Province of Córdoba, Argentina. The work here was begun by D. P. and Lillie Lantz under the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities in 1935. The property was bought in 1939 and by 9 July 1940 the new church building was ready for dedication.
The membership has fluctuated considerably because Cosquín was a health resort and people remained there only long enough to regain their strength and vitality. The 1954 membership was 14. The Lantzes served this congregation during the years 1935-1937 and 1939-1947; the L. S. Webers in 1937-1938; and the J. L. Rutts, beginning in 1947.
Shank, Josephus Ward et al. The Gospel Under the Southern Cross: A History of the Argentine Mennonite Mission of South America Celebrating Its 25th Anniversary, 1917-1942. Scottdale, PA: Mennonite Publishing House, 1943.
|Author(s)||Elven V Snyder|
 Cite This Article
Snyder, Elven V. "Cosquín Mennonite Church (Cosquín, Córdoba, Argentina)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 6 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cosqu%C3%ADn_Mennonite_Church_(Cosqu%C3%ADn,_C%C3%B3rdoba,_Argentina)&oldid=79938.
Snyder, Elven V. (1953). Cosquín Mennonite Church (Cosquín, Córdoba, Argentina). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cosqu%C3%ADn_Mennonite_Church_(Cosqu%C3%ADn,_C%C3%B3rdoba,_Argentina)&oldid=79938.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.