From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(added map and catgegories)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
__TOC__
 
Cross Roads Mennonite Church ([[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship|Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]], formerly [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), [[Juniata County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Juniata County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was initially a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Bishop John Graybill's home was the place of worship for the Richfield community until 1854 when a large stone church was built near Richfield, but in Snyder County. In 1930 a new brick meetinghouse known as Cross Roads was erected in Juniata County. This church with the [[Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)|Lauver church]] had a joint membership of 165 in the early 1950s. W. W. Graybill and Donald Lauver were the bishops, with Menno B. Brubaker and J. Walter Graybill as ministers.
 
Cross Roads Mennonite Church ([[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship|Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]], formerly [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), [[Juniata County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Juniata County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was initially a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Bishop John Graybill's home was the place of worship for the Richfield community until 1854 when a large stone church was built near Richfield, but in Snyder County. In 1930 a new brick meetinghouse known as Cross Roads was erected in Juniata County. This church with the [[Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)|Lauver church]] had a joint membership of 165 in the early 1950s. W. W. Graybill and Donald Lauver were the bishops, with Menno B. Brubaker and J. Walter Graybill as ministers.
  
 
In 2007 the congregation was a member of the [[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship|Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]], which formally separated from the Lancaster Conference in 1999. It had 106 members; Orval C. Graybill and Timothy Lauver were ministers.
 
In 2007 the congregation was a member of the [[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship|Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]], which formally separated from the Lancaster Conference in 1999. It had 106 members; Orval C. Graybill and Timothy Lauver were ministers.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
<strong>Address</strong>: Winey Road, Richfield, Pennsylvania
+
'''Address''': Church Road & Winey Road, Richfield, Pennsylvania
  
<strong>Phone</strong>: 717-694-3247
+
'''Phone''': 717-694-3247
  
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>: [[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship|Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]]
+
'''Denominational Affiliation''': [[Keystone Mennonite Fellowship]]
 +
= Map =
 +
[[Map:Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)]]
 +
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 742|date=1953|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
  
 
+
[[Category:Churches]]
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 742|date=1953|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
+
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Lancaster Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Keystone Mennonite Fellowship Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Pennsylvania Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 15:35, 22 March 2014

Contents

Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Keystone Mennonite Fellowship, formerly Mennonite Church), Juniata County, Pennsylvania, was initially a member of the Lancaster Conference. Bishop John Graybill's home was the place of worship for the Richfield community until 1854 when a large stone church was built near Richfield, but in Snyder County. In 1930 a new brick meetinghouse known as Cross Roads was erected in Juniata County. This church with the Lauver church had a joint membership of 165 in the early 1950s. W. W. Graybill and Donald Lauver were the bishops, with Menno B. Brubaker and J. Walter Graybill as ministers.

In 2007 the congregation was a member of the Keystone Mennonite Fellowship, which formally separated from the Lancaster Conference in 1999. It had 106 members; Orval C. Graybill and Timothy Lauver were ministers.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Church Road & Winey Road, Richfield, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-694-3247

Denominational Affiliation: Keystone Mennonite Fellowship

[edit] Map

Map:Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cross_Roads_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116534.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cross_Roads_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116534.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 742. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.