From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
The Grabill Mennonite Church took the name Crossview Church in October 2006 in light the denomination's name change in 2003.
 
The Grabill Mennonite Church took the name Crossview Church in October 2006 in light the denomination's name change in 2003.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Roth, Donald. "From Grabill to Crossview: A Historical Journey." <em>FEC Connections </em>(Fall 2006): 3. Accessed 14 April 2008 &lt;[http://fecministries.org/newsletter/FEConnections_Fall06.pdf http://fecministries.org/newsletter/FEConnections_Fall06.pdf]&gt;
 
Roth, Donald. "From Grabill to Crossview: A Historical Journey." <em>FEC Connections </em>(Fall 2006): 3. Accessed 14 April 2008 &lt;[http://fecministries.org/newsletter/FEConnections_Fall06.pdf http://fecministries.org/newsletter/FEConnections_Fall06.pdf]&gt;
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address:
 
Address:
Line 28: Line 24:
  
 
[http://www.crossview-church.org/ Crossview Church]
 
[http://www.crossview-church.org/ Crossview Church]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 559|date=1956|a1_last=Sauder|a1_first=Jerry H|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 559|date=1956|a1_last=Sauder|a1_first=Jerry H|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:09, 20 August 2013

Crossview Church (formerly Grabill Mennonite Church) (Fellowship of Evangelical Churches, formerly Evangelical Mennonite Church), Grabill, Indiana, had its beginning in 1866 when Bishop Henry Egly withdrew from the Amish Mennonites in Adams County, Indiana, and formed a new church. He influenced similar withdrawals in other communities, among which was one in Allen County, Indiana. These groups became known as the Egly Mennonites and formed a conference body which in 1908 took out a charter in Illinois designating themselves as the Defenseless Mennonite Church of North America. In 1948 the name was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Church.

The church in Allen County, Indiana, built its first meetinghouse 1.25 miles east of Leo on the Leo-Harlan Road; about the year 1875 and was known as the Leo Mennonite Church. In 1912 the congregation built a new structure 1.5 miles further east in the town of Grabill. This building was remodeled in 1938 and was then designated as the Mennonite Church of Grabill. Here it attained an active membership of about 135 members in the 1950s.

The Grabill Mennonite Church took the name Crossview Church in October 2006 in light the denomination's name change in 2003.

[edit] Bibliography

Roth, Donald. "From Grabill to Crossview: A Historical Journey." FEC Connections (Fall 2006): 3. Accessed 14 April 2008 <http://fecministries.org/newsletter/FEConnections_Fall06.pdf>

[edit] Additional Information

Address:

13313 Indiana Street

Grabill, Indiana

Phone:

260-627-3551

Denominational Affiliation:

Fellowship of Evangelical Churches

Website

Crossview Church


Author(s) Jerry H Sauder
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Sauder, Jerry H. "Crossview Church (Grabill, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossview_Church_(Grabill,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80002.

APA style

Sauder, Jerry H. (1956). Crossview Church (Grabill, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossview_Church_(Grabill,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80002.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 559. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.