Dalmeny Bible Church (Dalmeny, Saskatchewan, Canada)
Dalmeny Bible Church (originally known as Dalmeny Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church) was founded in 1903 by Mennonite immigrants from the United States who had begun arriving in the Dalmeny area in 1901. The first building was occupied in 1904, with a subsequent building program in 1929. Peter Schultz is considered the founding leader of the group. The church has had a strong missionary emphasis since its early days, supporting both career and short-term missionaries. The congregation has also supported other ministries, including Camp Kadesh at Christopher Lake and the establishment of a level-four care facility and independent living units for seniors called Spruce Manor and Spruce Villa.
The transition from German to English occurred in the 1940s.
Canadian Mennonite (13 April 1956): 3.
Rempel, G.S. A Historical Sketch of the Churches of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. 1939, 109 pp.
Address: 406 Wakefield Avenue, Dalmeny SK S0K 1E0
Website: Dalmeny Bible Church
Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference / Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (1903-present)
Dalmeny Bible Church Membership
In 1985 there were 250 members.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||January 2010|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Dalmeny Bible Church (Dalmeny, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2010. Web. 19 Feb 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dalmeny_Bible_Church_(Dalmeny,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=55903.
Thiessen, Richard D. (January 2010). Dalmeny Bible Church (Dalmeny, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 February 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dalmeny_Bible_Church_(Dalmeny,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=55903.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.