From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Denbigh was an unincorporated village in the city of [[Warwick (Virginia, USA)|Warwick]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]] (formerly called Warwick County), in the southeastern part of the state. After a municipal consolidation in 1958, it became a neighborhood of the city of [[Newport News (Virginia, USA)|Newport News]]. There were some 300 Mennonites living near Denbigh in the 1950s, all belonging to the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church (MC)]]. Most of these lived in a settlement two miles (three km) southeast of Denbigh. Mennonites began to settle there around 1898. In the 1950s there were two Mennonite churches in the vicinity, a Christian day school, and a mission in the nearby city of Newport News, which was staffed with workers from the [[Warwick River Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Warwick River Mennonite Church]], it being the larger church with a membership of 300.
 
Denbigh was an unincorporated village in the city of [[Warwick (Virginia, USA)|Warwick]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]] (formerly called Warwick County), in the southeastern part of the state. After a municipal consolidation in 1958, it became a neighborhood of the city of [[Newport News (Virginia, USA)|Newport News]]. There were some 300 Mennonites living near Denbigh in the 1950s, all belonging to the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church (MC)]]. Most of these lived in a settlement two miles (three km) southeast of Denbigh. Mennonites began to settle there around 1898. In the 1950s there were two Mennonite churches in the vicinity, a Christian day school, and a mission in the nearby city of Newport News, which was staffed with workers from the [[Warwick River Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Warwick River Mennonite Church]], it being the larger church with a membership of 300.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 32|date=1956|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=George R., II|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 32|date=1956|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=George R., II|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:10, 20 August 2013

Denbigh was an unincorporated village in the city of Warwick, Virginia (formerly called Warwick County), in the southeastern part of the state. After a municipal consolidation in 1958, it became a neighborhood of the city of Newport News. There were some 300 Mennonites living near Denbigh in the 1950s, all belonging to the Mennonite Church (MC). Most of these lived in a settlement two miles (three km) southeast of Denbigh. Mennonites began to settle there around 1898. In the 1950s there were two Mennonite churches in the vicinity, a Christian day school, and a mission in the nearby city of Newport News, which was staffed with workers from the Warwick River Mennonite Church, it being the larger church with a membership of 300.


Author(s) George R., II Brunk
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, George R., II. "Denbigh (Warwick County, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 4 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Denbigh_(Warwick_County,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=80094.

APA style

Brunk, George R., II. (1956). Denbigh (Warwick County, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Denbigh_(Warwick_County,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=80094.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 32. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.