Der Bethesda Herold was first published on 15 July 1902, by the Mennonite Bethesda Hospital Society, Goessel, Kansas. Appearing on the fifteenth of each month, it was mailed in the early 1950s to 700 addresses in approximately a dozen states and Canada. An 8 x 11 in. paper, it regularly had four pages of news items and editorials. The material was mostly in German, except that reports of the hospital and of the directors and the gift lists were in English. The editor was C. C. Wedel, Newton, Kansas.
In 1962 the Bethesda Herold began to use the English title, Bethesda Herald. The Bethesda Herald ceased publication about 1973.
Mennonite Library and Archives. "Serials Index, version 2.6." September 2006. Accessed 1 January 2007 <http://www.bethelks.edu/services/mla/holdings/serialsguide.pdf>
|Author(s)||J. J Voth|
Cite This Article
Voth, J. J. "Der Bethesda Herold (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 1 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Der_Bethesda_Herold_(Periodical)&oldid=54649.
Voth, J. J. (1953). Der Bethesda Herold (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Der_Bethesda_Herold_(Periodical)&oldid=54649.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.