From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The congregation dissolved in 1976. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship was English.

The congregation began services in 1961, and formally organized in 1965. Sara Gerbrandt and Nettie Penner are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference.

The group arose from work on the Roseau Indian Reserve by the Western Gospel Mission where Sara Gerbrandt and Nettie Penner were in charge.  The Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference took over the work in 1961 and simultaneously hosted Sunday school on the reserve and maintained a small congregation in town.  The church dissolved in 1976 because of a dwindling congregation and lack of success on the reserve.

Bibliography

Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1837-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published March 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Dominion City Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Dominion City, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1989. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dominion_City_Evangelical_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Dominion_City,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87092.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (March 1989). Dominion City Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Dominion City, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dominion_City_Evangelical_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Dominion_City,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87092.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.