Dunnville United Mennonite Church in Dunnville, Ontario began services in 1947, and formally organized in 1949. The first building was occupied in 1952. Jacob Penner is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from the Leamington, Reesor, Vineland, and Niagara regions of Ontario. The decline in membership after 1950 was due to young people moving away to find jobs. The congregation closed its doors in 1999 due to this decline.
The language of worship was English; language transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
Mennonite Reporter (12 December 1977): 17.
 Additional Information
Location: Lot 8, Concession 2, on Hwy. 3 east of Dunnville, Ontario
Mennonite Conference of Eastern Canada (1988-1999)
Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1949-1999)
General Conference Mennonite Church (1956-1999)
 Dunnville United Mennonite Church Membership
|Date Published||January 1989|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Dunnville United Mennonite Church (Dunnville, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dunnville_United_Mennonite_Church_(Dunnville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=112774.
Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Dunnville United Mennonite Church (Dunnville, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dunnville_United_Mennonite_Church_(Dunnville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=112774.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.