From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added image and categories.)
Line 1: Line 1:
The East Fairview Mennonite Church, [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], was a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]]. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were [[Schlegel, Joseph (1837-1913)|Joseph Schlegel]], [[Roth, Nicholas E. (1870-1939)|N. E. Roth]], P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller. In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.
+
__FORCETOC__
 +
__TOC__
 +
[[File:EastFairviewMennoniteChurch.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''East Fairview Mennonite Church, Milford, Nebraska.<br /> Souce: [https://www.flickr.com/photos/thebouncingczech/8614278597/in/photolist-dqTPXi-acxZ3X-c7ZULb-cNRchb-9p5Rpb-e8dqUM-bAr3rs/ Tom McLaughlin]'']]
 +
The East Fairview Mennonite Church, [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], was a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]]. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were [[Schlegel, Joseph (1837-1913)|Joseph Schlegel]], [[Roth, Nicholas E. (1870-1939)|N. E. Roth]], P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller.
 +
 
 +
In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.
 +
= Additional Information =
 +
'''Address''': 508 280th, Milford, NE 68405
 +
 
 +
'''Phone''': 402-761-2836
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Ammon M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Ammon M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Nebraska Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 19:10, 29 March 2014

Contents

East Fairview Mennonite Church, Milford, Nebraska.
Souce: Tom McLaughlin

The East Fairview Mennonite Church, Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, was a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were Joseph Schlegel, N. E. Roth, P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller.

In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.

Additional Information

Address: 508 280th, Milford, NE 68405

Phone: 402-761-2836


Author(s) Ammon M Miller
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Ammon M. "East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116892.

APA style

Miller, Ammon M. (1953). East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116892.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 119. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.