From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The East White Oak Bible Church (formerly East White Oak Mennonite Church), is an independent, non-denominational church at 11922 East 2000 North Road, Carlock, McLean County, Illinois, was organized in 1892 with Peter Schantz as pastor, and a church was built in the same year. Emanuel Troyer was ordained as assistant pastor in 1899, and later succeeded Schantz as bishop or elder of the church, which he served until 1928. R. J. Zehr was then called to serve as pastor. The church was a member of the Central Conference of Mennonites from its beginning until 1934, at which time it severed its relation with the conference and has since operated as an independent congregation. In 1934 the membership was 260.

Additional Information

East White Oak Bible Church website


Author(s) Raymond L Hartzler
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. "East White Oak Bible Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 31 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_White_Oak_Bible_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=87157.

APA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. (1955). East White Oak Bible Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_White_Oak_Bible_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=87157.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 130. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.