Parkerview, SK. Martin Thiessen served in the 1960s as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 22 members. The congregation dissolved before 1970. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1947) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1946). The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services about 1934, and formally organized on 4 August 1946, under the leadership of Martin D. Thiessen and A. P. Loewen. The congregation originated through colonization from Eyebrow Mennonite Church.
The congregation at Parkerview was started by John Martens and Peter Martenst in the mid-1930s when a few families moved to the area because of the drought. Both men died in 1935 and the church was served by visiting ministers until David Bueckert and Martin Thiessen were called to the ministry. A number of Mennonites left this area in 1936 and 1937. Out of the remnant the Eben-Ezer church formed under the leadership of Martin Thiessen. He later moved to Foam Lake.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Ebenezer."
See also a brief history by Erika Enns in Mennonite Historical Society of Canada collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
|Author(s)||Martin D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||February 1989|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Martin D. and Marlene Epp. "Eben-Ezer Mennonite Church (Parkerview, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 10 Oct 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Eben-Ezer_Mennonite_Church_(Parkerview,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=56079.
Thiessen, Martin D. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Eben-Ezer Mennonite Church (Parkerview, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 October 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Eben-Ezer_Mennonite_Church_(Parkerview,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=56079.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.