From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Ebenezer Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, Doland, South Dakota, was organized in 1919 by seven families under the leadership of Jacob J. Hofer. The first services were held in the Irving church, located ten miles (16 km) south and five miles (eight km) west of Doland. In 1923 a church building near Bloomfield was moved to the present Ebenezer location, which is eight miles (13 km) south and four miles (six km) west of Doland. This building was remodeled in 1949 to obtain a seating capacity of 250.

A few years after the church was organized, Mathias Kleinsasser came into the community and assisted Jacob J. Hofer, each giving a 15-minute sermon. After Hofer's death in 1929, the church was served by Jake P. Glanzer, David J. S. Mendel, and Paul H. Glanzer, who came to Doland in September 1946. In 1955 the membership was 105.


Author(s) Paul H Glanzer
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Glanzer, Paul H. "Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Doland, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Doland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=87175.

APA style

Glanzer, Paul H. (1956). Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Doland, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Doland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=87175.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 136. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.