From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

R.R. 5, Stratford, ON, N5A 6S6. (519) 271-5407. In 1925 there were 23 members; in 1950, 31; in 1975, 71; in 1985, 82; in 1995, 119; in 2000, 125. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (1906-1947), the United Missionary Church (1947-1969), the Missionary Church (1969-1993) and the Evangelical Missionary Church, Canada East, (1993-). The language of worship is English. Pastor Olu Peters served in 2006 as an interim congregational leader.

The congregation began services in 1906. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church.

The church was first known as the Stratford City Mission, and later as the Elgin Memorial Missionary Church.

[edit] Additional Information

Elgin Memorial Missionary Church


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Elgin Missionary Church (Stratford, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 30 Jun 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elgin_Missionary_Church_(Stratford,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87332.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Elgin Missionary Church (Stratford, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 June 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elgin_Missionary_Church_(Stratford,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87332.




©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.