Revision as of 15:24, 19 March 2014 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search


Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in western Lancaster County, is a member of the Lancaster Conference. In 1905 a meetinghouse was built in town, where a number of retired Mennonite farmers had settled. A revival meeting followed with 125 confessions. A young people’s Bible meeting was organized in 1911. The congregation in 1955 numbered 225. Noah W. Risser and Clarence E. Lutz were bishops, John W. Hess and Walter D. Keener, Jr., the ministers, and Walter D. Keener deacon. In 2008 the membership was 217; the pastor was Stephen H. Gibbs.

Additional Information

Address: 300 South Spruce Street, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-367-7089


Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Map:Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116299.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116299.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 186. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.