Emmitsburg Mennonite Church (Emmitsburg, Maryland, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Emmittsburg (Maryland) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, located 10 miles southwest of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, had services every six weeks during the 1880s and earlier. The congregation was under the care of the Mummasburg ministers, Daniel Shenk, bishop; Martin Wisler, preacher, and John Boyer, deacon. Information concerning the exact place of worship, period of continuance, and who were served is lacking.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Emmitsburg Mennonite Church (Emmitsburg, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Emmitsburg_Mennonite_Church_(Emmitsburg,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=80483.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Emmitsburg Mennonite Church (Emmitsburg, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Emmitsburg_Mennonite_Church_(Emmitsburg,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=80483.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 212. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.