From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Erisman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) formerly met in a meetinghouse built in 1798 on lands of Abraham Erisman in Rapho Township on the Mt. Joy-Manheim Road, in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania In 1891 the present brick church was built. The congregation of 214 (1953), belonging to the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, was a conservative growing fellowship which still bore the impress of the work of Bishop Jacob N. Brubacher (died 1913). In 1953 Henry E. Lutz and Homer D. Bomberger were the bishops, Martin G. Metzler and John S. Eby the ministers, and Harvey E. Metzler the deacon. Missionaries Elam and Grace Metzler Stauffer in Africa and the Elam Hollingers in Alabama are from this congregation.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Erisman Mennonite Church (Rapho Township, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erisman_Mennonite_Church_(Rapho_Township,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80556.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Erisman Mennonite Church (Rapho Township, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erisman_Mennonite_Church_(Rapho_Township,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80556.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 244. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.