From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

112 Spadina Rd. W., Kitchener, ON, N2M 1G1. (519) 745-8151. Pastor Ed Winker served in 2001 as a congregational leader. In 1950 there were 31 members; in 1975, 64; in 1985, 86; in 1995, 61; in 2000, 63. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ, the United Missionary Church (1947), the Missionary Church (1949) and the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Canada East District. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1944, and formally organized in October 1949 under the name Evangel United Missionary Church. The first building was dedicated on 24 September 1950. O.M. Bell is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by Bethany Missionary Church in Kitchener.

[edit] Bibliography

Shantz, Ward M. A History of Bethany Missionary Church 1877-1977. Kitchener: Bethany Missionary Church, 1977, 68 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Evangel Community Church (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangel_Community_Church_(Kitchener,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87422.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Evangel Community Church (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangel_Community_Church_(Kitchener,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87422.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 262. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.