Difference between revisions of "Fairview Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairview, Oklahoma, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Fairview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, organized in 1895, is situated four miles southeast of [[Fairview (Oklahoma, USA)|Fairview]], [[Major County (Oklahoma, USA)|Major County]], [[Oklahoma (USA)|Oklahoma]]. Worship services were held in the homes until 1901 when a church was built, which was enlarged in 1920, and again in 1944, so that it seated 350. The 1953 membership was 235, in the charge of George M. Nichols, assisted by Dan Smith, Fred Penner, Sam W. Koehn, and Elmer Boehs. Weekly Sunday morning and evening worship services, Sunday school, and midweek meetings were being held. The 2008 membership was 155; the ministers were Randy Levings and Leonard Koehn.
 
Fairview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, organized in 1895, is situated four miles southeast of [[Fairview (Oklahoma, USA)|Fairview]], [[Major County (Oklahoma, USA)|Major County]], [[Oklahoma (USA)|Oklahoma]]. Worship services were held in the homes until 1901 when a church was built, which was enlarged in 1920, and again in 1944, so that it seated 350. The 1953 membership was 235, in the charge of George M. Nichols, assisted by Dan Smith, Fred Penner, Sam W. Koehn, and Elmer Boehs. Weekly Sunday morning and evening worship services, Sunday school, and midweek meetings were being held. The 2008 membership was 155; the ministers were Randy Levings and Leonard Koehn.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 289|date=1956|a1_last=Nichols|a1_first=George M|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 289|date=1956|a1_last=Nichols|a1_first=George M|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013

Fairview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, organized in 1895, is situated four miles southeast of Fairview, Major County, Oklahoma. Worship services were held in the homes until 1901 when a church was built, which was enlarged in 1920, and again in 1944, so that it seated 350. The 1953 membership was 235, in the charge of George M. Nichols, assisted by Dan Smith, Fred Penner, Sam W. Koehn, and Elmer Boehs. Weekly Sunday morning and evening worship services, Sunday school, and midweek meetings were being held. The 2008 membership was 155; the ministers were Randy Levings and Leonard Koehn.


Author(s) George M Nichols
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nichols, George M. "Fairview Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairview, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Fairview,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=80683.

APA style

Nichols, George M. (1956). Fairview Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairview, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Fairview,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=80683.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 289. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.