From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
In 2011 the membership was 193; the pastor was James L. Kropf.
 
In 2011 the membership was 193; the pastor was James L. Kropf.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
<em>Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011</em>. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 48.
 
<em>Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011</em>. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 48.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 35100 Goltra Road SE, Albany, Oregon
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 35100 Goltra Road SE, Albany, Oregon
Line 18: Line 14:
  
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)|Map:Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)]]
 
[[Map:Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)|Map:Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 290|date=April 2012|a1_last=Leichty|a1_first=Alice|a2_last=Thiessen|a2_first=Richard D.}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 290|date=April 2012|a1_last=Leichty|a1_first=Alice|a2_last=Thiessen|a2_first=Richard D.}}

Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013

Contents

Fairview Mennonite Church, located six miles southeast of Albany, Oregon was organized in 1895 with 12 members. Formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference of the Mennonite Church, it is now a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference. Church services were held in a Dunkard church building approximately eight miles southeast of Albany until 1911, when the meetinghouse was built at the present location. Jacob Roth served the congregation as first minister and as bishop until 1903. Christian R. Gerig, who came to this community from Iowa, was ordained bishop in 1904 and served until 1930. After May 1938 Nick M. Birky served the congregation as bishop. In 1954 the ministers were Henry Gerig and Ivan Headings, and the deacon was Verle Nolziger; the membership was 372. The congregation was a member of the Amish Conference until the Amish and Mennonite Church Conferences were united into the Pacific Coast Conference. Immigration from midwestern states has been an important factor in the growth of the church.

In 2011 the membership was 193; the pastor was James L. Kropf.

Bibliography

Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 48.

Additional Information

Address: 35100 Goltra Road SE, Albany, Oregon

Phone: 541-928-1067

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference

Maps

Map:Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)


Author(s) Alice Leichty
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published April 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leichty, Alice and Richard D. Thiessen. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=80687.

APA style

Leichty, Alice and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=80687.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.