From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the Upper Deer Creek-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of Kalona, Iowa. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.

In 2008 the membership was 179; the pastor was John Hershberger.

See also Upper Deer Creek.

Additional Information

Address: 5710 Highway 1 SW, Kalona, Iowa

Phone: 319-656-3297

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Elmer G Swartzendruber
Date Published 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 25 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80689.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. (2008). Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80689.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.